Facebook

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Finding our way through the Wilderness


Psalm 55:22
New International Version (NIV)
 22 Cast your cares on the LORD
              and he will sustain you;
              he will never let
               the righteous be shaken.

Day Thirty-Eight

Lay your burdens down

           I know that Jesus will never forsake me and I know that He will always be by my side. But sometimes I get so lonely and I feel that I am on my own. No one knows or cares that I hurt because I am smiling on the outside yet I am crying on the inside. In a crowd of people I feel invisible. My pain and emptiness overshadows me, blanketing the real vibrant me that I know is hidden somewhere deep in my own soul. My emotions and burdens compete against each other to weigh down my soul. Depression is a daily cloud that follows me blocking the warmth of the sun’s rays leaving me in the cold. Sleep does not equal rest because my soul is so restless that even when I close my eyes I cannot enjoy my slumber. I am lonely though I am not alone.

Who can cure my affliction?

Who can restore my joy?

 If there is an elixir for my sorrows I have yet to find it so for now I will continue to mourn my happiness.

As I began to write today’s topic I realized that I was feeling down and lonely. So instead of writing something that I wasn’t feeling I wrote what I felt. The words from above accurately describe how I am feeling as I write these words. I used to think that I should be ashamed to feel this way because I am so blessed however I came to realized that just like there is an up there is also a down. Sometimes you can get in a bad mood and it doesn’t necessarily mean that your faith has grown weaker or that you have a strain in your relationship with God, you could just be feeling down. It is better to get it out than to hold it in. Besides God is ominous meaning that He already knows how you are feeling and He wants you to bring your burdens unto Him so that He can give you relief (Matthew 11:28).

When we tried and conceal our feelings from God we give the enemy a foothold to cause confusion within our souls. He will tell us lies and try to deceive us into thinking that God has abandoned us. He does so to create a separation between us and God so we can be more accessible to his attacks. However when we bring our cares and worries to the Lord the enemy falls out of the equation.
So that is the message today, don’t be afraid to take your problems to the Lord. He will give your soul rest. He will remind you that He is a healer of any affliction. He will lead you to the elixir for your sorrows, His Word. He will restore you joy with the kind of joy that only He can provide. All you have to do is cast your worries to Him. He says come to him and take His yoke upon you and learn from Him, for He is gentle and humble in heart, He says that we will find the rest that our souls seek. His yoke is easy and His burden is light. No matter the problems He can and will handle it when we call on Him.

So has I finish writing my soul is already lifted because through His word I know that He never rejects His people (1st Samuel 12:22). He will never leave my side so I can always trust in Him (John 14:1, John 14:18). I know that in times of trouble He only is my refuge (Deuteronomy 33:27, Psalm 46:1). When I lonely He can heal my broken heart (Psalm 147:3). And most of all He loves and cares for me (1st Peter 5:7).  

So again whatever your affliction may be bring it to the Lord. The moment you do you will instantly feel the pressure being lifted away from you. All you have to do is try Him and I guarantee He will make you a believer.
God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment